Obtain a position at a progressive company that shares my passion for the web and design. I am focused on web standards, and using the most up-to-date techniques and processes for front-end development. I am committed to providing quality work in a timely manner while constantly improving performance and workflow.
- Extensive experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience with WordPress, Community Server, Vignette and WEM content management systems.
- Expert in the use of Photoshop for slicing mocks and photo manipulation.
- Experience with Java Script, jQuery and PHP.
- All coding according to web standards and current best practices.
- Working knowledge of design and UX best practices.
- Cross-browser compatibility.
- Multi-platform compatible email marketing.
- 8+ years experience in front-end web development.
- Up to date knowledge of web accessibility standards.
Editor / Author / Web Developer
July 2012 ~ Present
DIY and Home Decor website with a monthly traffic of 45,000+ pageviews and 25,000+ unique monthly views.
- Running on wordpress with fully responsive design.
- Advanced knowledge of Google analytics and SEO for wordpress.
- Social media management, writing, editing, reviewing products.
- Pitching brand sponsorship opportunities.
Front-End Web Developer
August 2010 ~ Present
Responsible for creating and/or implementing various web and email solutions for a wide variety of BMO Financial Group projects spanning online, mobile, social and other digital touch points. All work adhering to brand, technical and accessibility guidelines and standards.
- Production of microsites on and off of the Vignette and WEM platforms.
- Extensive work with development of email templates.
- Assisted in the transition to new content management system (WEM) and the production of a fully responsive bmo.com
- Headed development of targeted marketing to Online Banking customers from the front-end.
- Extensive work with BMO social networking platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
Front-End Web Producer
February 2007 ~ June 2010
officialCOMMUNITY supplies e-commerce solutions to established musical artists from around the globe. While there, I worked as a web designer and as a front-end developer. Highlights include designing sites, upgrading the company content management framework and skinning Community Server and it’s built in message boards, news feeds and in-house developed store.
- Design and production from start to finish including maintenance of functional web standards compliant sites for customers.
- Translation of mock ups provided by designers into pixel perfect working websites.
- Migration of existing sites into the company platform resulting in improved functionality while preserving the integrity of existing designs within the new framework.
- Advanced skinning and integration of blogs and message boards on the Community Server platform.
- Integrating social networking such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
- Skinning of clients MySpace music profiles to match customer sites.
- Managing and coding clients e-newsletters to work across all major email clients, services and browsers.
Front-End Web Developer
April 2005 ~ Present
Design and development for various clients including not for profit organizations.
- Advanced custom skinning of WordPress blogs.
- Search engine optimization.
- Installation and setup of Google analytics.
- Documentation of day to day activities for customers using wordpress to update their sites themselves.
Sheridan College – Oakville
Graduated April 2005
Graduated with a diploma in Applied Photography. Courses included but not limited to: Studio Lighting, Portraiture, Advanced Darkroom Techniques, Digital Studio, Digital Imaging, Digital Post-Production, and Concept and Design.
Loyalist College – Belleville
Graduated April 2003
Finished with a diploma in photojournalism. Courses included but not limited to: Photography, Writing, and Page Layout and Design.